Military-Affiliated Services

Military-Affiliated Services

A resource for future, current, and past UNCG military-affiliated students

Education Benefits

Getting Started

For inquiries about when your VA education benefits will be approved by the VA, when you will receive payment, or assistance in the VA specific forms or eBenefits website, please contact the  hotline at (888) 442-4551.

Your First Semester Using GI Bill® Benefits at UNCG:

  • Apply to the Department of Veterans Affairs for education benefits at  (Look for the green button that says “find your education benefits form.”)
  • The VA will send you a Certificate of Eligibility (COE).  Please send a copy of this certificate to the MAS Office at
  • Register for classes with your advisor at a (SOAR) orientation.
  • Complete and submit the online Veteran Services Enrollment Form once registered.

After your first semester, you MUST continue to complete the Veteran Services Enrollment Form EVERY SEMESTER you wish to use your benefits.

‘‘GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at”